Declare a Major or Minor

Thank you for your interest in our major and minor programs. We’re glad to know that you will be continuing your story with UO English.


To declare the English major, please do the following:

  • Fill out the fields below, select “ADD the English Major” from the drop-down menu, and press the submit button.
    • Submitting the form will send your information to Karen McClain, our Undergraduate Secretary.
  • Print and fill out the Major Change Form.
  • Schedule an advising appointment with Dr. Corbett Upton, Associate Director of Undergraduate Studies (PLC 375).
    • This appointment is a requirement for becoming an English major.
    • This appointment will give you more information about the structure of the major, the kinds of classes you will be able to take, and the academic and professional opportunities awaiting you in the English department.
  • Return the signed form to Karen McClain in PLC 118.

To declare one of our minors, please do the following:

  • Fill out the fields below, select your desired minor from the drop-down menu, and press the submit button.


Your nine-digit student ID.
Select the major, minor, or certificate program you wish to ADD or DROP. Use the CTRL key to select multiple options.


Disability Studies Minor LogoThank you for declaring as a Disability Studies Minor!   Make sure to click on the Submit button below.

Please feel free to meet with Dr. Betsy Wheeler,  ( Director of the University of Oregon Disability Studies Minor ( (telephone) 1-541-346-3929, (office) 375 PLC  (office hours link) for advising.

You can also follow this link for a list of courses which fulfill the Disability Studies Minor.