Environmental theories are proliferating in the early 21st century, across many fields, areas, and topics. This seminar will introduce a diverse range of recent transdisciplinary environmental theories, focusing on current questions, concepts, topics, questions and methodologies. Students will be required to attend and participate in every class session, having done the readings carefully; write 4 very short discussion starters; write and present one short paper; write and present a medium length seminar paper; and attend one related lecture, event, or exhibit.
- Wald, Vázquez, Ybarra, and Ray, Latinx Environmentalisms
- Natania Meeker and Antonia Szabari, Radical Botany: Plants and Speculative Fiction
- Melody Jue, Wild Blue Media: Thinking Through Seawater
- Yusoff, A Billion Black Anthropocenes or None
- Also: PDFs of chapters and articles available on Canvas and elsewhere.