EUO-English Undergraduate Organization
University of Oregon English Undergraduate Organization (EUO) is an organization founded by and for undergraduates pursuing the study of English language, literature, and writing at the University of Oregon. Our main goal is to provide a community for English majors and minors to augment their studies and strengthen their connections with other English majors, minors, faculty, the university and surrounding communities. To this end, the EUO seeks to build our intellectual community beyond the classroom by creating opportunities for leadership within the organization; social, academic, and professional development event programming related to English.
Follow us on Twitter @UOEnglish
Fall 2017 events (check back for updates!):
Week of Welcome
- College Block: EMU Ballroom from 10:00am-12:00pm: the EUO will have a to distribute promotional materials and discuss all of the affiliated EUO groups with new students.
- Flock Party, EMU from 4:00pm-7:00pm: The EUO will be tabling (table is #125) to promote its activities and affiliated groups. Stop by to visit the EUO, ∑T∆, UO Poetry Slam, UO Think.Play, Unbound Magazine, Art Ducko Magazine.
- Members of the 2017 UO Poetry Slam Team will perform at 8:45 in the Crater Lake rooms (to left of Panda Express) in EMU.
- Sigma Tau Delta International Convention Submissions open from Monday, September 25 through Monday, October 30, 2017, 5:00 p.m. Central Daylight Time (CDT). Open to members only. Join Sigma Tau Delta!
- First Year Orientation: 6:30pm-8:00pm in the EMU Cedar Room (room 231). This is a social event for all new and returning ENG students and Oregon undergraduates. Come meet fellow English majors, first year students, and representatives from EUO, ∑T∆, UO Poetry Slam, UO Think.Play, Unbound Magazine, Art Ducko Magazine. And, of course, enjoy the free food (Falling Sky Pizza)!
- Cheryl Boyce-Taylor “Fireside” discussion and poetry reading for her new collection, Arrival (NYT feature).
- Fireside: 5:00-5:45pm in the Oregon Humanities Center Conference Room (159 PLC). You must RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to attend this event (open to all Oregon students).
- Reading and Book-signing, featuring the UO Poetry Slam Team: 7:00-9:00pm in the Knight Library Browsing Room. Free and open to the public.
- EUO Published Writers Series: The EUO Published Writers Series is a series of conversations with published authors about their experiences as writers, the process of composition, and the publishing world.
- Weekly Think.Play meetings and Winter 2017 Oregon Game Studies Conference
- Unbound Magazine Fall 2016 issue release party
- Art Ducko Magazine Fall 2016 issue release party
- UO Poetry Slam open-mics and 2017 CUPSI team performances