ENG Research and Writing Internship Application Deadline 5/19
If you are interested in participating in the ENG Research and Writing Internship, please submit your letter of interest to Dr. Upton (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, May 19 at 5:00pm.
Your letter of interest should include the following:
- Why you are interested?
- What you hope to gain from participation?
- What level of participation can you commit to during 2017-2018?
UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH AND WRITING PROJECT:
ENGLISH @ OREGON
Undergraduate English majors will be trained in
- archival research
- oral history
- digital humanities and website design
- research writing for publication
These are important career-enhancing skills, and students will also be able to list the results on their resumés as publications.
Student participants will research, write, and produce a history of the English Department 1900-present, in two formats:
- booklets for circulation to alumni
- interactive website
Student participants will receive internship credit (ENG 404 for 1-4 hours per term). These credits may be applied to the minor in Writing, Speaking, and Critical Reasoning. This project could lead to the writing of an English Honors thesis.
To participate, students need to be:
- Committed to the project and trusted to complete their part of the project
- Have senior or junior status during 2017-2018
- Spring 2017 – applications and selection of participations
- Fall 2017 – training workshops and collaborative research
- Winter 2018 – collaborative research and writing
- Spring 2018 – editing and production