Additional Sample Mentor Questions
You should also consider engaging mentors in a conversation about their time at UO to help you think about ways to get more out of the major and the college experience. Here are some sample questions:
- What activities or clubs did you participate in as an undergraduate?
- How did you balance your academic, work, and social lives?
- Did you study abroad?
- Did you have more than one major?
- Did you have a minor?
- How often did you see your academic advisor?
- How often did you attend office hours?
- Did you participate in the English Honors Program?
- Did you utilize the Career Center?
- Did you do an internship?
- How did you advocate for yourself and your education?
- How did you figure out your post graduate plans?
- Did you participate in the student leadership of the English Undergraduate Organization?
- Did you attend English Undergraduate Organization sponsored events?
- Were you a member of Sigma Tau Delta?
- Looking back on college, what academic activities didn’t you do that you now wish you’d done?
- What are you reading/watching these days?