EUO-English Undergraduate Organization
University of Oregon English Undergraduate Organization
Founded in 2013, the English Undergraduate Organization (the EUO) is an organization founded by and for undergraduates pursing the study of English language, literature, and writing at the University of Oregon. Our main goal is to provide a community for English majors and minors to augment their studies and strengthen their connections with other English majors and minors, faculty, and the university and surrounding communities. To this end, the EUO seeks to build our intellectual community beyond the classroom by creating opportunities for leadership within the organization, community and event programming related to English, and academic and professional development.
Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/UOEnglish
Events for Spring 2014:
- ∑T∆ Reading Group: Woman Warrior by Maxine Hong Kingston from 10:00am-12:00pm at Espresso Roma. Everyone is welcome! Stop by for part of all of the discussion whether you’ve had a chance to read the book or not.
- EUO / ∑T∆ and the UO Career Center: Résumé Writing Workshop for English majors and minors. 4:00-5:00pm in LIB 42.
- EUO / ∑T∆ Graduate School Series Part I: Prof. Lara Bovilsky, Director of Graduate Studies in English, discusses the process of applying to and thriving in an English graduate program. (time and location TBA)
- EUO / ∑T∆ Graduate School Series Part II: A panel of graduate students in English will discuss their research and lives as graduate students. 6:00-7:00pm in 253 PLC.
- ∑T∆ Social Event: Interested in joining the Alpha Tau Phi Chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, International English Honor Society? Join us at 7:30 at Pegasus Pizza.
- EUO Trip to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival to see The Tempest (sold out)
- ∑T∆ Reading Group: People I Wanted to Be by Gina Ochsner from 10:00am-12:00pm at Espresso Roma. Everyone is welcome! Stop by for part of all of the discussion whether you’ve had a chance to read the book or not.
UO Poetry Slam Team
For more information: Alex Dang.
Like UO Poetry Slam Team on Facebook.