EUO-English Undergraduate Organization
Founded in 2013, the English Undergraduate Organization (the EUO) is an organization founded by and for undergraduates pursing the study of English language, literature, and writing at the University of Oregon. Our main goal is to provide a community for English majors and minors to augment their studies and strengthen their connections with other English majors and minors, faculty, and the university and surrounding communities. To this end, the EUO seeks to build our intellectual community beyond the classroom by creating opportunities for leadership within the organization, community and event programming related to English, and academic and professional development.
Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/UOEnglish
Events for Fall 2014:
- EUO / Unbound info table at the Fishbowl, 10:00am-3:00pm
- Sigma Tau Delta, International English Honor Society social / info event at Pegasus Pizza (790 E. 14th Ave.), 6:30-9:00pm
- EUO and Unbound info table and exhibit in the PLC courtyard and lobby from 12:00-5:00pm. Come learn about Unbound, EUO, UO Poetry Slam, and Sigma Tau Delta.
- Unbound / UO Poetry Slam reading & Open-Mic at The Mills International Center (EMU M144), 7:00-9:00pm. Let your voice be heard!
- UO Poetry Slam Team Tryouts 1, EMU South Dining West (113B), 6:00-8:00pm. Contact Alex Dang (email@example.com) or Dr. Upton (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information. This will be the first round of team tryouts.
- English Spring in London Info. Meeting, 253 PLC, 6:30-7:30. Come hear from Prof. Bohls, AHA representatives, and students who have participated in the program.
- UO English Work-in-Progress (WIP) talk by UO English Head, Prof. Karen Ford on “‘The Dream X’: Haiku in Native America,” Booth Lounge (108 PLC), 3:30-5:00pm.
- ∑T∆ Reading Group (open to all UO English majors and minors) Common Reader: from Sand Creek by Simon Ortíz, 4:00-6:00pm, Humanities Center Conference Room (159 PLC).
- Disability Studies Forum, luncheon 11:00-1:00pm in Ford Alumni Center (Attendance at the keynote luncheon is by RSVP to email@example.com.), discussion in Gerlinger Lounge (featuring Prof. Rosemarie Garland-Thomson), 3:00-5:00pm
- Grad School / Law School Application Process Panel, 253 PLC, 5:00-6:00pm. Come learn about the application process!
- ∑T∆ Reading Group (open to all majors and minors): Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy, 4:00-6:00pm, Booth Lounge (108 PLC)
- UO Poetry Slam Open-Mic, The Buzz Café, 7:00-9:00pm. Let your voice be heard!
- The Literature of World War I: A Centennial Symposium, Gerlinger Lounge, 10:00-4:15pm
- ∑T∆ Reading Group (open to all majors and minors): Runaway by Alice Munroe, Booth Lounge (108 PLC), 4:00-6:00pm
UO Poetry Slam Team
For more information: Alex Dang.
Like UO Poetry Slam Team on Facebook.