- Love to read?
- Want to deepen your sensitivity to language?
- Sharpen your writing, thinking, and speaking skills?
- Explore various forms of cultural expression, from poetry to film?
To declare English as a Major:
- Print your most recent Degree Audit and UO transcript from DuckWeb (also your Transfer Evaluation Report, if you have transferred credits from another institution)
- Complete and print the Major Change Form, to add/drop major.
- Have this document signed by the Associate Director of Undergraduate Studies, Dr. Corbett Upton in 375 PLC (office hours).
English majors may take a wide variety of challenging courses in literary studies, expository writing, cultural studies, theory, ecocriticism, film, and folklore. To explore the Department’s many opportunities for undergraduates, follow the clicks below.
- English Major Requirements
- Advising Supplement 2012-13
- Advising Supplement 2013-2014
- English Major Worksheet
- Click on Undergraduate tab above for Course Descriptions
- IMPORTANT: All declared English majors are enrolled in the Blackboard “English Department Information Site for U.G. Majors.” Please check this site frequently for timely announcements, course schedule information and events of interest to English majors. Click here to to to the UO Blackboard login page..
On Macs open PDFs using Preview instead of Acrobat.