EUO-English Undergraduate Organization
University of Oregon English Undergraduate Organization (EUO) is an organization founded by and for undergraduates pursuing the study of English language, literature, and writing at the University of Oregon. Our main goal is to provide a community for English majors and minors to augment their studies and strengthen their connections with other English majors, minors, faculty, the university and surrounding communities. To this end, the EUO seeks to build our intellectual community beyond the classroom by creating opportunities for leadership within the organization; social, academic, and professional development event programming related to English.
Follow us on Twitter @UOEnglish
Winter 2017 events (check back for updates!):
- Yogurt Extreme fundraiser for Sigma Tau Delta! 7:00-11:00pm. https://www.facebook.com/groups/uosigmataudelta/
- EUO & ∑T∆ Coffee Hours! 12:00-2:00pm at Espresso Roma. Study help, paper draft peer editing, chatting about books and caffeine! Look for Dani and Sarah for some coffee talk!
- Reading Group: Annihilation by Nebula Award Winner Jeff Vandermeer. 5:00-7:00pm in McKenzie 121. Come for the conversation whether or not you’ve had a chance to read the book!
- Faculty Fireside: Avinnash Tiwari. 5:30-6:30pm, EMU room 231 (Cedar Room). Come learn more about professors’ research, academic backgrounds, and the discipline of English in a casual setting with English majors and minors. All are welcome!
- EUO Published Writers Series: Miriam Gershow. 5:00-6:00pm in Peterson 101. The EUO Published Writers Series is a series of conversations with published authors about their experiences as writers, the process of composition, and the publishing world. All are welcome!
- CANCELED!!! UO English Reading Group: John Crow’s Devil by Man Booker Prize winner Marlon James. 5:00-7:00pm location TBA. Come for the conversation whether or not you’ve had a chance to read the book!
- Northwest Undergraduate Conference on Literature (NUCL) at the University of Portland.
- EUO Published Writers Series: The EUO Published Writers Series is a series of conversations with published authors about their experiences as writers, the process of composition, and the publishing world.
- Weekly Think.Play meetings and Winter 2017 Oregon Game Studies Conference
- Unbound Magazine Fall 2016 issue release party
- Art Ducko Magazine Fall 2016 issue release party
- UO Poetry Slam open-mics and 2017 CUPSI team performances